TIPS ON GETTING & KEEPING THE PERFECT TAN
(These steps are not required but do help with getting a perfect and long lasting tan)
PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT:
Prepping skin tips:
- Shower: Exfoliate entire body with mild, water based (oil free) exfoliant. If it is an oil based exfoliant, exfoliate the day before your appointment. but do not apply body oils or moisturizer to skin as this can create a barrier on your skin. Only moisturize with a very light coat if your skin is really really dry. . (If washing hair, make sure conditioner is rinsed off before you wash your body)
- Do not apply Deodorant
Prior to starting your tan:
- Take jewelry off
- Set aside loose dark clothes
- If you are putting a bra on after, use a strapless
After your Spray Tan:
- Avoid any activity that would cause sweating, as your spray tan is developing during the first 6-8 hours. (Contact with water or sweat with in the first couple hours could result in uneven tanning.)
The 3 Important Rules: When showering, 1. Wash your body with your hands 2. Pat Dry with your towel 3. Moisturize with an intense moisturizer. These 3 steps are essential in taking care of your tan. It will prolong your tan & prevent blotchiness as it fades!
The last days:
- If you have certain areas on your body where the tan has yet to come off, use an oil based exfoliant to remove. I use my Clarasonic body brush with a coffee scrub exfoliant that is very emollient. It takes the remaining tan off and leaves my skin nice and smooth!
My favorite products to use for my tan:
Jergens Intensive Repair Lotion- Helps lock in your spray tan and keeps you moisturized through out the whole day
Dove Extra Moisturizing body wash- This body wash is super emollient and does not break your tan. It absorbs into your skin perfectly and hydrates it as well. You want to avoid bar soaps as they strip the skins moisture.
Clarasonic cashmere brush head- Allows me to still wash my face thoroughly while being gentle on my tan
Cetaphil cleanser- Does not strip away your tan
Kahuna face touchup- It's the solution in an aerosol can. Since the face fades away faster than the body tan, this extender allows another 4 days of tan for the face! You get a good 20 to 25 uses out of it. You can buy this product directly from me since they are not sold in stores!
Bora Bora body polish water exfoliant- This is my favorite exfoliant! I use this on the same day as my spray tan to shed off as many dead skin cells as possible, which helps create an even tan and allows it to last longer and fade out evenly. You do not want to use an oil based exfoliate the day of due to it creating a barrier between your skin an the tan. Not many stores sale water based exfoliants, you can buy this directly from myself as well!